Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 13, 2009

Snaggle-Tooth

We had a milestone last week that totally caught me by surprise. I noticed that Hazel's smile looked a little funny and I asked her to come to me and I felt one of her bottom teeth was loose-VERY loose. I started freaking out!!! I bombarded her with questions about if she got hit in the mouth or fell and hit her head. After all, children don't lose teeth until like first grade, right? Wrong!!! Apparently children can start losing teeth as young as four and the dentist told me that 5 was the perfect age. Whew!!! Well, I sent her to school the next morning. I had a pretty good idea that when I picked her up at noon that my baby's first tooth would be gone! I was right. She was SO EXCITED!!! Most of all, because the tooth fairy would come visit! She said Pastor Ray pulled the tooth right before she went to Spanish and it didn't even hurt one bit. What? I didn't get to pull her first tooth? After some crying and Hazel calming me down, I explained to her that I didn't want her to grow up and I was sad that she was growing up too fast. SHE TOLD ME TO GET OVER IT!






Going to bed with the tooth under her pillow!

Sound asleep....I think the tooth fairy comes about....NOW!

Moma, look what the tooth fairy left....a note and $5.00!!!The tooth fairy tells Hazel to take good care of her teeth

As I write this post I'm thinking of my dear sweet Hazel and how she wants to "grow up" so fast, and I'm trying to find ways to stop it!! Oh, by the way she has already lost another tooth- the one right beside it. Someone help me!!!!


2 comments:

Our4GreatKids said...

Yes, they do grow up too quickly... congrats on her first visit from the tooth fairy!

Kayne and Thomas said...

Congrats Hazel!! It looks like the tooth fairy was very good to you!!