Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Walking for a Cause- March 28, 2009

Ok- all of you know how important I think exercise is. I want to teach that to my children at a very young age, so when we got asked to walk in the 2009 Walk to Cure Juvenile Diabetes, I of course said yes.


Back in November, one of Hazel's classmates, Jack Guinn, was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. They have it under control now with shots and diet, but it is still a major lifestyle change. Hazel absolutely adores Jack and was very concerned about him. Hopefully, one day they will find a cure for this disease. Hazel did very well in the walk 3 whole miles and never complained! Eliza loved being pushed in the stroller and all of us enjoyed the festivities afterwards. I'm so glad we were able to be a part of it! Me & the girls at the finish!

Eliza LOVES these jumping castles!
Face paint & ballons

Little E enjoying a healthy snack


No comments: