Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 4th....REDNECK style

Yes....I said REDNECK.....We went to Santee Friday morning and met up with my dad, my brothers and their families for the weekend. We had a great time, even Steve admitted that he had a good time, even though he isn't much for "camping" with my family. Yes, there was 25 of us so Dad and Tony took their two RV's for some more room. It was like Redneck Heaven....beer, boats, bar-b-que. The youngins got to play on the "beach" and ride the pontoon boats with "Big Bertha" behind it, ride the jet skiis, the golf cart and shoot fireworks. Hazel had such a blast with her cousins, that she cried last night when it was time to leave. Some of my best childhood memories were made at the Lake camping with my family and ridin' the boat. Steve, being a "city boy" as my dad has always called him, was not exposed to this way of life, but you know what? I think he likes it a little more everytime we go. He's getting a little better driving the jet ski, even though he's still scared to drive fast, and he will not ride with me at all, because I drive too dangerous for him.The important thing is that we were able to spend time with family over the Holiday. Steve posing beside his "home" for the weekend. He could pass for a redneck, couldn't he?

Mason driving Uncle Steve on the jet ski. Yes he had to have an 8 year old drive him, because Uncle Steve doesn't go fast enough. and yes...Mason has a mohawk.Uncle Johnny rides Amber and Hazel on the jet ski

Hazel loves ridin' on the boat
Eliza & Steve hanging out on the "beach."

Amber & Hazel swimming in the lakeAunt Karen gives Eliza a snackEliza having another snack.....Pork skins! ....Can you guess who gave her these? Big Pa!

Big Pa cooking for us....Did I mention that the Rogers' love to eat?

Eliza playing in "Big Bertha"





6 comments:

Shelby said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I too grew up boating, skiing, and camping on the lake and they are some of my best memories. Looks like ya'll had a blast! Happy 4th!

Shelby

Kayne and Thomas said...

Woohoo! Looks like you all had a great time at the lake. How fun! And I love the new layout with the pic of the girls in their pretty purple dresses. They are beautiful!

Lucas said...

I grew up in St. Matthews and we went to Santee all the time when we were young. It looks like you guys had a great weekend filled with family and friends! I LOVE the big pic of the girls!

Sarah

Melanie Turner said...

Looks like loads of fun! Your kids are so pretty...I love the purple dresses. You are a good photographer!

Shelby said...

Sandy,

How did you get that big picture up there? I've seen other blogs like that and I love it, but can't figure it out. DUH!!!

Our4GreatKids said...

Sandy... love your blog! Your girls are beautiful! Glad you had an awesome 4th! - Jennifer