Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Mommy got a diamond ring!

A couple of weeks ago, Hazel told me that Daddy (Steve) bought me a diamond ring for Christmas. I told her that I already have one from when Daddy asked me to marry him. "Well, he bought a new one." At this point, I was getting curious and a little excited. "Were you with Daddy when he bought the ring, Hazel?" "No Mommy, but I saw it. It has lots of diamonds."

Earlier this year I had told Steve that I would like another wedding band or an anniversary ring, so I thought that this was what he got. "Hazel, do you know where he got the ring from?" "Yes Mommy, he got it at the grocery store." Now I was a little upset. I just knew that Steve had gotten a ring out of the $.25 machine at the Food Lion.

On Christmas morning, I saw a small box under the tree and I was a little nervous about opening it, but he came through, it was an anniversary ring that was absolutely beautiful! Thank you Steve for the not buying me the ring out of machine out at Food Lion. I love the ring and I love you!

1 comment:

Kayne and Thomas said...

So sweet!!! I love it and am glad it is a real diamond ring!!