Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 20, 2008

Petite Picasso Art Camp

This week Hazel went to art camp at the Florence Museum. She always loves to draw and paint, so I thought this would be a lot of fun for her; not to mention that Nana is an artist. All week the kids learned about different artists and their artforms. Today the parents were invited to an "art show" of everything they did during the week. I didn't get a picture of everything, but I managed to get a few quick shots.

The little artists- John Arthur, Gene, Jack, Amelia & HazelHazel poses in front of some art work
One day the kids had doughnuts with sprinkles for snack and then made one out of clay and paint. The artist Wayne Theibaud has a whole book of art of different sweet treats.

This is is kinda hard to see, but it is a non-objective line drawing by Hazel inspired by the artist Henry MatisseThis is a picture of some of the books and art that inspired their work

This red bird sits outside the museum and is made of recycled materials. Hazel loved to look at this bird everyday, so I let her take a picture of it.

I got a quick snapshot of the girls on a bench in front of the museum just because I love them so much and it was such a pretty day!



1 comment:

Kayne and Thomas said...

The last picture of the girls is great!! I love their dresses. What a neat art camp Hazel went to. Hazel's work is great! She may be the next Picasso! Let me know the next time they have one. I am sure AG would love it.