Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, May 3, 2008

Dance Recital 2008

Tonight was Hazel's dance recital at JC Daniel Center for the Performing Arts in Darlington. She has been so excited about this night for quite some time. We started getting ready about 4:30 today- hair, makeup, recital costume - so much to do! Hazel and her class did a tap number and a ballet number. Hazel did such a good job remembering the steps to each dance. Also- she loved the recital costumes this year and I agree that they were much better than last year.

She also got crowned Darlington Dance Princess 2008. She will get to represent the school all next season and she will get to take dance and gymnastics for free for a whole year! Yay! (That saves me about $70 a month.) Here are some pictures from tonight.


Hazel waits patiently backstage for the recital to begin.
Hazel poses with Mommy before the show
All the dancers come out for the awards

Hazel receives her crown and trophy from last year's Dance Princess

Hazel's "walk" on the stage as the new Darlington Dance Princess 2008


3 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

Congrats Hazel! You look stunning! I love your costume!! Congrats to mommy too - nothing like a free year of dance!!

Lucas said...

How adorable! I am so proud of Hazel and what a nice freebie for you guys! I know you were glad:) Hazel looks precious in her outfit and I know she had a blast performing!

Jean said...

Sandy, send me your e-mail address so I can invite you to view my blog. I turned it private so I have to invite people. My e-mail address is jeannantz@yahoo.com. If you send me your e-mail I can add you. Thanks! Jean