Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

On Friday, Steve and I and the girls headed to Garden City Beach. We love having the condo there to stay any time- Thanks Nana & Papa! This was Eliza's first trip to the beach and she did pretty well. Hazel is a beach bum as always- she and I could stay out there all day. I LOVE the sun! I will probably have skin cancer in about 10 years. (I hope not) I guess I should start wearing sunscreen with a SPF higher than 8. We went out to eat Friday night at Flo's Place in Murrells Inlet. We headed for the ocean Saturday morning, but as soon as Steve got the umbrella up and the chairs set up, it started raining, so we headed to Ultimate California Pizza for lunch and then to Coastal Grande mall for some shopping- thanks Steve for taking us- I know that was not your idea of fun!

Saturday night we went with Nana & Papa to the Palace Theatre to see Le Grande Cirque. It was a wonderful show! The acrobats were amazing. I highly recommend this show for all ages! You will not be disappointed. Sunday we hung out on the beach all day while Hazel and Eliza played in the water. Yes, it was freezing, but I don't think small children think any water is cold! Sunday night, we grilled out at the condo and enjoyed the band playing next door at Gulf Stream Cafe. After dinner, Steve and I took Hazel to the arcade at Sam's Corner to play games and ride the rides. Monday, we went to play Putt-Putt and had a blast. We headed home after lunch- we were all exhausted, but we had a great time.



Eliza LOVED playing with the sand & water


Hazel wanted Daddy to cover her all the way up with sand




Steve teaches Hazel how to play horseshoes

The girls have a nice bath after a day of play at the beach
Papa, Hazel & Steve before the Le Grande Cirque show


3 clowns performing before the show started

Hazel loves jumping on these "Euro Jumps"







Hazel rides the teacups. Mommy and Daddy decide to sit this one out.


Daddy helps Hazel set up for the putt
...but Hazel has her own way of doing things
Nana & Papa putt their balls in
Hazel says "I'm the Winner- I got the most points" Yes, baby you did get the most points, but is that winning putt-putt? Don't think so. Oh, well let's not break her heart.

2 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

It looks like you did a lot and had a great time at the beach!! Way to go Hazel!! I am proud of you for getting the most points!

Lucas said...

Wow! You guys were busy! It looks like the girls had a blast. I am glad ya'll had a chance to get to the beach for such a pretty memorial weekend!