Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 15, 2008

Dribble, Pass, Shoot


No, I'm not talking about basketball...these are soccer terms too. It's that time of year again. Steve is coaching Hazel's team at our church league again. Hazel wasn't thrilled about playing, but Daddy wanted her to so badly, so she and I made a deal. That if she would do this one thing for Daddy, then she could have a prize after every game. I know I'm crazy, but that prize really motivates her. On Saturday, the first game it was HOT! Hazel was tired of playing in the first 3 minutes. I quickly reminded her of the silver sparkly shoes at Target that she wanted the night before and she hung in there. She really is good when she tries. Steve thinks she has some talent with soccer, but I think he's just wishful thinking. Here are some pictures from their first game of the season.

Coach Steve gets the team ready


"Coach Bobby, am I supposed to go that way?"


Hazel waits for Daddy to tell her what to do next


Hazel loves to be the substitute- she likes sitting on the sidelines notice her pink sunglasses, pink socks and polka-dot bow. You have to be glamorous even when playing soccer!

Hazel listens to Daddy during halftime



Little E listens to Daddy too

The best part of the game- snack time afterwards Hooray!

She and I went to Sam's after the game and then I was going to take her to Target to get the silver shoes, but the new Barbie and the Diamond Castle movie was out, so the silver shoes will have to wait til next week

3 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

I think we have two peas in a pod. I hope AG and Hazel make it thru the season. Tonight AG sat out in practice due to a "stomach ache"....

Bree said...

Too funny!! I was hoping to see the silver shoes at the end of your post. Maybe next week. ;)

Jean said...

This is so funny! Maybe little E will love soccer-you never know! Until then, Hazel is the most fashionable soccer player I have ever seen! You go girl!