Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Hot Feet!

Today was a scary, but kinda comical day. It started out when Hazel and I were cooking breakfast. She wanted Cinnamon Rolls and I wanted to cook an egg for Eliza. I preheated the oven for the cinnamon rolls and scrambled eggs while the oven was preheating. Hazel put the rolls on the baking sheet and I put them into the oven. I took the eggs off the stove and let them cool off before I gave them to Eliza. While the eggs were cooling, I took Little E to her bedroom to change her diaper. I had a Diet Coke (my coffee) sitting beside the stove. Hazel was still on top of the counter on the other side of the stove and decided she wanted a sip of my drink. She stood up on the counter and walked across the stove to get my drink. Yep, she stepped on the burner that I had just cooked the eggs on. She could not see that it was hot because our stove is a flat top with the "circles" for burners. I heard her scream and my first thought was that she tried to get the cinnamon rolls out of the oven. She started screaming "My feet, Moma, my feet are burning so bad." I instantly knew what happened because I have seen the way she walks on the counter to get things out the cabinet, which we have had numerous talks about not doing this. Well, her feet started to blister up really bad and were red, so I took her to Urgent Care. The whole way she was screaming and I was thinking about how I was going to explain how my child got the bottom of her feet burned. I just knew that doctor was going to call DSS on me!

When we got to Urgent Care, they got us back really quickly and soaked her feet in some cold saline. Then the doctor came in and looked at her feet. I told her the story just like I just told you guys and she just laughed. She told me they were 2nd degree burns and she needed some burn/antibiotic cream and to keep them bandaged up all weekend. So, I guess it will be a lot of TV for us this weekend! She is much better and she says that Jesus healed her feet so they don't hurt anymore. Thank you Jesus!

Here are some pictures I took while at Urgent Care. Yes, I always keep a camera in my purse!
Hazel said soaking her feet felt so good!

Her feet all bandaged up. How is she going to wear shoes? She wasn't very happy about these big bandages on her feet



7 comments:

Kayne and Thomas said...

Poor Hazel! Bless her heart. I am glad she is feeling better and Jesus healed her feet. Children are so precious. We are glad she is ok.

Scarlett said...

So glad her feet are no longer burning!! Hope she soon has "Happy Feet" :) Remind me to tell you my CRAZY stove/burn, trip to the ER story next time you see me....it will make you feel better...or at least make you laugh :) !!!

Lee Wilkes said...

Bless her heart (and yours!!!) I know you were probably scared to death. Glad she is feeling better. Hope to see you soon.

Jean said...

I am so glad she is ok! This is probably goinng to be a funny story for her to tell when she gets older! :)

Bree said...

Poor thing!! I'm glad she is okay.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I am glad her feet are feeling better! Kids definitely keep us on our toes - no pun intended. Hope her week w/bandages passes quickly and you guys enjoy your couch time together.

Melanie Turner said...

Girl...that is so scary! These kids of ours are going to turn all of our hairs gray very quickly! Glad it was not worse than it was. Hope she's back to her normal fun self today!